The cost of sending a team member to serve on mission in Hungary is £385 for a week.
This price covers the following:
- training day in the UK
- DBS checks
- all camp related activities (trips out etc.)
- flights (which are usually booked centrally)
- all meals, accommodation and travel whilst in Hungary
It does not cover the following:
- travel to and from the UK airport
ACORNCAMPS as charity is completely dependent on donations made by team members to cover these costs. We request that donations are made in full (either one-off payment, or by monthly standing order) by 31st May 2019. Please let us know if this is a problem.
ACORNCAMPS will book flights up to and including November. If volunteers apply after this, they are required to book their own flights.
This year, there are 2 flight options, travelling with the ACORNCAMPS Volunteers - a north and a south option:
- From the North: Outbound - Sat 6th July (am) 2019; Return - Sun 14th July (pm) 2019 - details to follow
- From the South: Outbound - Sat 6th July (am) 2019; Return - Sun 14th July (pm) 2019 - details to follow
Flight details will be released in November, but please be aware of the following:
- Timings – You may need to travel early on the first day, or late on the last day of your mission trip. This is for practical reasons, aiming to serve both the Hungarian church whilst taking UK-based contexts into account. (Some people choose to arrive earlier/stay on longer, and enjoy staying an extra night in Hungary before or after camp.)
- Prices – Flight costs vary based on time of travel and airport, and considerable savings can be made by booking certain flights. At application we will ask your preferences which we do our best to accommodate together with all other aspects.
- Seats – Seats are not reserved in advance to keep costs to a minimum. You may choose to select your own preferred seat at check-in, however this will be your own expense.
- How to Pay – Please complete the Donation and Gift Aid Declaration Form online. The easiest way to pay is by internet transfer (details are on the form). If payment is made by this method, please contact our Finance Administrator our Payment Coordinator to advise when you have made the transfer. If you are unable to pay by internet transfer, you can post a cheque to ACORNCAMPS, 77 Camrose Way, Basingstoke RG21 3AW or bring it to the Camp Planning Day.
- Gift Aid – ACORNCAMPS can claim back 25p for every £1 you give, so please make sure you have completed the Gift Aid declaration box on the Donation and Gift Aid Declaration Form (see link above) if you are a UK tax payer. Please note, for example if your parent is paying on your behalf and they are a tax payer, they will need to complete the Gift Aid declaration. If you have previously signed one and your tax status is the same, and none of your details have changed there is no need to do this again.
- Raising Support – It may be that you need to consider other ways of raising the necessary financial support to come on mission in Hungary. Ideas may include holding an event at your church (e.g. Pot Luck supper / Car-washing / Auction of Promise…), a sponsored sporting event, or applying to Christian or local funds who may be able to assist.
- Hardship fund – Please complete this Hardship Fund Application and return as stated if for whatever reason you are unable to pay the full donation.
Comments: if you have any questions please do contact our Finance Administrator.